If you have any questions or would like to discuss your child's health issues, please call the nurse's office at (847) 745-3732.
Health Office Reminders
1) Children need breakfast every morning. They go 10-12 hours without eating. It is important to get their bodies and brains going by feeding them a healthy breakfast. Children learn better and feel better with something in their tummies. Children who do not have breakfast have trouble learning and participating in class activities. Start the day right!
2) Please call the Health Office every day your child is absent from school at (847) 745-3732.
3) All medical forms are due at the beginning of the school year. New Pre-Kindergarteners, Kindergarteners, and new students need a recent physical and immunizations. Kindergarteners also need a professional eye and dental exam. Second graders also need a dental exam. If your child has a severe food allergy, asthma, diabetes, or a seizure disorder requiring medication, please fill out these forms as well with your child’s doctor. All medical forms can be downloaded from the Lincolnwood School District 74 website.
4) Please check your child regularly for lice. If you need information about lice and how to check your child’s head, visit cdc.gov, www.youtube.com (search for “Head Lice to Dead Lice”), or our link here. After summer and winter vacations are the times when head lice are more common.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, UPDATED INFORMATION REGARDING HEALTH SERVICES WILL BE POSTED SOON
WHEN SHOULD STUDENTS STAY HOME SICK?
Students should not attend school if any of the following conditions are present:
- Temperature of 99.7 degrees or higher
- Incessant or deep cough, and/or purulent discharge from the nose
- Red eye(s) with discharge and/or crusting on lashes and pain or irritation
- Any skin lesions that are open and weeping or an unexplained rash
- Contagious illnesses
- Obvious signs that your child cannot comfortably participate in class activities (even without a fever)
Symptoms should be absent before the student returns to school. Children with communicable diseases will be excluded from school. Please contact your physician in these cases, and notify the nurse or specialist when a diagnosis is established. Please remember to call the health office and report your student's absence.
- Todd Hall: 847-675-8235
- Rutledge Hall: 847-675-8236
- Lincoln Hall: 847-675-8240
List of common contagious illnesses for which you should call the Health Office include:
- Strep throat
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Head lice
- Chicken pox