Hello, my name is Kristin Hayes and I am the Nurse at Lincoln Hall. I have been the nurse for Lincoln Hall since 2007. I am a registered nurse (RN) with a bachelor of science nursing degree (BSN). My goal is to provide a climate of health and well-being for students and staff. If you would like to contact me to discuss any health needs your child may have please email me or you can call the health office: 847-745-3877.
WHEN SHOULD STUDENTS STAY HOME SICK?
Students should not attend school if any of the following conditions are present:
- Temperature of 99.7 degrees or higher
- Incessant or deep cough, and/or purulent discharge from the nose
- Red eye(s) with discharge and/or crusting on lashes and pain or irritation
- Any skin lesions that are open and weeping or an unexplained rash
- Contagious illnesses
- Obvious signs that your child cannot comfortably participate in class activities (even without a fever)
Symptoms should be absent before the student returns to school. Children with communicable diseases will be excluded from school. Please contact your physician in these cases, and notify the nurse or specialist when a diagnosis is established.
List of common contagious illnesses for which you should call the Health Office include:
- Strep throat
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Head lice
- Chicken pox