- Lincolnwood School District 74
- Our Classroom
Even though we had a short week, we managed to squeeze in a lot of fun and learning. We talked about Clifford the Big Red Dog. We read some of his books and had others to look at in the library. We even got a visit from our stuffed Clifford and his friends. The children enjoyed using the stuffed dogs to make up stories at the puppet theater. We also made some Clifford heads for our hallway doghouse and a bowl of food for Clifford to eat. We had our first Mystery Science lesson this week as well. The children watched a short video to help them learn the answer to the question ‘Who invented pizza?’ We then made pizzas out of play-doh. During the year we will watch more of these videos to try to solve more science mysteries.
In our math lessons we continued to work on sorting. We focused on sorting by one attribute, like color, shape, or size. The children learned how to place items into two groups - buttons that followed our rule (all the green ones) and buttons that did not follow the rule (any other color).
Next week we'll be learning about life on the farm and animals that live there.
Important Dates and Upcoming Themes:
- Theme for the week of 10/21 - Farms
- Wednesday, October 23rd - Spirit Day - Wear your favorite football clothes or team colors.
- Thursday, October 24th - Picture retake day. Please let me know if your children needs to retake their picture. You need to return the original package as well. PM children will need to come at 10:00 in the morning if they need a picture taken.
- Monday, October 28th - Field Trip to Emily Oaks Nature Center
- Theme for the week of 10/28 - Pumpkins