- Lincolnwood School District 74
- Our Classroom
All About Me!
The children enjoyed sharing all about themselves this week. We worked in our special Me Books each day. The children children completed pages about their favorite foods, favorite activities at school, and a self portrait. We will continue to work in these books over the next few months and will send them home when they are all complete. Thank you for sending in all of the family pictures! They are now hanging on our wall and we love looking at them. The children were so proud to tell us who was in their family. We counted the number of people and talked about how our families were the same and different. If you did not send in a picture yet, please do. We would love to have everyone up on the wall. The children also created a small version of themselves to hang on our classroom bulletin board. They worked so hard adding many special touches.
On Tuesday we will visit the Book Fair at Rutledge Hall. You are welcome to meet us there to help your child shop. The AM class will go at 8:45 and the PM class will go at 12:45. If you are sending in money with your child, please send it in a marked envelope and let us know what your child should purchase. Let me know if you have any questions.
Don’t forget to send in a canned food donation for the upcoming Turkey Trot!
- STEM - this week we started our new topic of coding. The children practiced following directions and completing actions.
- MATH - we started chapter 3 - position and direction. This week the lessons focused on above and below.
- READING - the children learned about the main character of a story. We talked about how this is the most important person or animal in the book. We also talked about the difference between a letter, a word and a sentence. We practiced counting how many words were in different sentences.
- WRITING - we completed the last two color pages, gray and black, in our writing books. We also practiced drawing and building Mat Man.
Next week we'll be focusing on the topics of hibernation and being thankful.
Important Dates and Upcoming Themes:
- Theme for the week of 11/18 - Hibernation and Being Thankful
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - November 20th and November 21st
- Tuesday, November 19th - Book Fair Visit
- Thursday, November 21st - Family Reading Night at Rutledge Hall from 6-8pm
- Friday, November 22nd - Turkey Trot
- November 25-29 - NO SCHOOL for Thanksgiving Break