- Lincolnwood School District 74
John Cahill Community Service Scholarship (Sponsored by the Lincolnwood PTA)
The Lincolnwood Parent Teacher Association (PTA) raises money every year for up to three (3) scholarships in $500 denominations to award to graduates of Lincolnwood School District 74.
Eligibility: Applicants must be graduates of School District 74. High school seniors must be continuing their education at a two or four-year college or university, trade school or vocational school. This scholarship is merit based; grade point average or financial need is not considered.
1) Complete and submit this online form.
Click on this application link: https://form.jotform.
2) Please arrange to have two adult sponsors who will submit recommendation letters on your behalf. These people must be adults in your school or community, not related to the applicant.
3) The sponsors' letters should refer to applicant’s character, motivation, and involvement in school volunterism and community service activities.
4) All recommendation letters must be typed or written in blue/black ink and include the following:
- Student's name
- Student's ID number
- Relationship to student
- Sponsor's name
- Sponsor's phone number
- Sponsor's email address
5) Recommendation letters must be submtted electronically with this application.
Application Time Line:
ALL APPLICATIONS/RECOMMENDATION LETTERS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, MARCH 1ST, 2020 AT 11:59PM. Please note that the application must meet the deadline criteria to be accepted. The John Cahill Community Service Scholarship committee will have no knowledge of the identities of the applicants during the selection process. The applicant identities will be redacted prior to committee review by the Lincolnwood PTA President, Executive Vice President and Secretary. The committee will only learn who the recipients are when they are formally announced to the general public by the Lincolnwood PTA President.
Please contact the Lincolnwood PTA if you have any questions at:
Attn: Courtney Tucker, President; Lisa Spector, Executive Vice President;
Shamaila Habeebuddin, Secretary