- Lincolnwood School District 74
- Building Nurses
Posted by Munhi Sohn on 9/1/2020
What is Coronavirus COVID-19
This is a new type of coronavirus that began at the end of 2019. The virus spreads easily and has affected people in many countries. It spreads when an infected person sneezes or coughs which sends tiny droplets into the air and enters through our nose, mouth, eyes, or it may be breathed in. Symptoms can vary from mild to severe. Some people carry the virus without having any symptoms. Researchers are working on medicines and vaccine for this new coronavirus. In the meantime, it is important to keep the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid exposure to this virus.
- Clean your hands often (remember to wash with soap at least 20 seconds)
- Avoid close contact
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
During this time, it is important to keep healthy routines.
- Practice structure by keeping your usual wake up and sleep times.
- Timely meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Set aside the same time of the day every day for remote learning.
- Exercise and be active.
- Help out with chores.
- Stay connected with friends (online/telephone social time)
- Stay positive!
- Worn at all times except while eating or while outside and able to maintain physical spacing
- Worn on the bus if student is utilizing district transportation
- Students are expected to wear a clean mask every day
- Face masks are not to be shared
- May wear face mask and face shield if preferable
- Students may remove facemasks outside when they reach their outdoor learning space, and prompted by the teacher
- No gator masks (masks are to be multi-layered covering)
I hope that everyoe continues to stay calm and keep things simple